Thursday 7 July 2016

Baby powder as makeup?!

So, as promised, here is a new blog post.

First of all thank you all so much for the 10,000 blog views! I am so happy right now. 

Anyway, I want to talk about something that I have tried that is new to me, but I wish I'd have tried it many months ago.

Let me take you back a few months first; I have been on the hunt for an amazing loose powder to set my concealer under my eyes for AGES! I discovered the MAC loose finishing powder a while back and fell in love. But since nearly finishing it I have been on the hunt for a cheaper alternative as it pains me to have to spend so much money on a powder every few months. I have tried some gosh ones, a loreal one, a Primark one, some pressed powders but none of them I loved as much as the MAC one! Although the Primark PS Pro loose powder did come very VERY close! As well as the NYX HD pressed powder too.

But recently I've seen videos of people using baby powder on their face to set their concealer, bake under their contour and highlight areas of the face a little too. And yes, you read that correctly- baby powder!

Well I thought I'd give it a try, I mean everyone was right about how amazing the Nivea for men post shave balm was as a primer! So I couldn't say no to trying this out too.

You can get baby powder as cheap as £1, so I grabbed a tub of the stuff and actually emptied some into my old MAC loose powder tub, as that was the only tub to hand to pour it into. And, well, I've used the baby powder on a beauty blender to set my concealer and bake areas of my face for a couple of weeks now and all I can say is that I wish I'd have done this a long time ago as it is AMAZING!
It's light on the skin, it smells amazing, it's soft, it's very fine on the skin, and it brightens under the eyes too a little. It cleans up under my contour brilliantly too, and it doesn't crease easily either. The areas of my face that I used the baby powder to set my face actually stayed set all day too.

I can not praise this enough. I no longer need to buy a new MAC finishing powder ever again! I actually think I prefer the baby powder! Because it lasts longer and smells better and it is softer.

Everyone needs to try this, at least once. You've not lost much if it doesn't work for you either.

If you do try it please let me know, I'd love to hear what your thoughts are of using baby powder as a loose powder for makeup.

Thanks for reading
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment