Monday 10 August 2015

GOSH foundation drops brief first impressions...

Hey everyone, so I'm currently fighting to keep my eyes open, but I really wanted to upload a blog post for you all today, as my last blog post was on Friday, so I kinda feel like I'm slacking a little.
I thought I'd give you all my first impressions of the new GOSH foundation drops, as I recently bought these from my local Superdrug and I was eager to try it out.


Admittedly I was immediately disappointed by the product when I realised it was just a normal foundation, because when I saw that they were foundation drops I presumed they'd be similar to the Cover FX stuff that I've seen so many people rave about recently. Cover FX is super highly pigmented foundation that you can add to other foundations to make it more of a full coverage or to moisturisers to turn them into a light coverage tinted moisturiser. But as this product is high end I thought that this was the drugstores first attempt at copying it. But no, it's just a normal foundation with a dropper type application (sorry, I have no idea what you call it, haha).

But I still remained hopeful that the foundation itself was half decent.

It is a medium to full coverage foundation, which I love! And it feels so smooth to apply, it almost feels like a primer and foundation in one, it's beautiful! The shade is good for me also. I like the applicator because I don't tend to pour out too much product then. It is a little more watery than most foundations I am used to, so putting it on the back of you hand to then put on the brush might be a little more difficult. But I do find this foundation to be VERY, VERY shiny. It definitely needs setting with a powder, and even still, in my opinion, when I've set it, it is STILL shiny. It also doesn't feel too comfortable to wear either. I think it feels very cakey, which I wouldn't expect from such a watery foundation.
Over all, I do like the coverage and the dropper like applicator, but I don't like how it feels/sits on my skin and how shiny it is.
I would rate his product a 4/10. I definitely won't be reaching for it that often, but I will still use it none the less, as I hate wasting makeup, how ever cheap it is.

You can buy it here: http://www.superdrug.com/search?searchDisabled=&text=Foundation+drops+

It retails at £12.99.


That's all then folks, I hope you liked this brief first impressions post, and if there are any other first impressions you want to know, especially from my most recent haul, then let me know. :)

Thanks for reading,
Love, Abbie
<3 



No comments:

Post a Comment