Sunday 23 August 2015

Vichy Dermablend Foundation Review...

Hey everyone :)

So, I recently bought the Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation, after hearing only good things.
My first impressions of this foundation were amazing! But I soon realised there are some down sides to this foundation.

When I first apply this I am amazed by the coverage. It covers all of my blemishes, redness, spots, veins etc. But after a couple of hours this foundation is already wearing off the skin. It goes patchy, and feels cakey the longer you wear it. I don't have oily skin, and right now my skin isn't particularly dry either, as I have been using my Dermatique moisturiser. But this foundation always wears away on my skin, my nose, cheeks and forehead.
It is also very easy to use too much of this foundation, which can make it look very very cakey, but a little goes a very, very long way.

In my opinion this foundation is only suited for short term wear, because after an hour or two it starts to look very patchy and horrible. I've tried applying it with a brush, my hands, a sponge. And I have tried setting it with different powders, high end and drug store. And I have tried using different primers also, but the foundation always wears away after a couple of hours.

I would rate this product a 4/10, mainly for it's coverage, if it lasted longer and did not feel so cakey then it would undoubtably get closer to a 10/10.

It retails at £18.

Thanks for reading :)
Love, Abbie
<3

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love this foundation!! I always use it when I have long days, I apply it with a beauty blender sprayed with nyx matte spray, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I will try applying it with my beauty blender next time :) I'm just not a massive fan of applying foundation with a beauty blender in general. But I will try it and see if it makes a difference :) xx

      Delete