Tuesday 28 July 2015

Job Interview Makeup and Outfit...

As you might have guessed by the title, I had a job interview today, eeeeeeek, scary I know! I was so nervous this morning, I could hardly eat because I felt so sick, haha!
I had initially decided I wouldn't wear makeup as I didn't want to look 'fake', but then when I found out that I had to do a presentation as part of the interview I knew I wouldn't feel comfortable with no makeup on while doing a presentation. Because doing presentations are probably one of the scariest things I have ever had to do and I avoid them at all costs! Even at university when it came to doing group presentations I would be the only one in the group who wouldn't talk! Ah I hate them, but I do know I would find it slightly less nerve racking if I felt comfortable within my own skin, so therefore I knew I had to wear makeup.
Yes, I know it is silly that I don't feel comfortable without makeup on, but I just love how makeup can just cover my blemishes and instantly make me feel better.
I did do a more 'minimal' makeup look, and it was a lot more natural(ish) than usual. I understand that this may still be a lot of makeup to some, but to me it isn't much at all, and if you look at my previous makeup look posts, I do use a lot more products in those than I have in this one :)
So here is the look :) 

I wore black smart trousers from Peacocks, a black blouse from Dunnes, and a grey blazer from Primark (I think). I got all of the outfit about two years ago, so can not remember the price of the blouse and the blazer, but I do know Peacocks still sell the trousers and they are around £9. 

 On my face I used Benefit's That Gal brightening face primer, which I LOVE and I am seriously considering buying the full sized product once I have the money, I love it that much! I then used Benefit's Porefessional under my eyes and around my nose. 
Then I used Natural Collection's Green Concealer to cover my redness. Then for foundation I used Benefit's Hello Flawless foundation, followed by Maybelline's Fit Me concealer under my eyes and over anymore blemishes that were still peaking through.
I also used Urban Decays All Nighter Setting Spray when I had finished all my makeup to set it all.

 Then on the rest of my face I used MAC's Prep and Prime Transparent finishing powder to set my under eye concealer. I then used Freedom's Bronzer to bronze my face a little, and I used the Freedom Pro Warm Lights contour shade to contour my cheek bones and nose slightly.
Then I used Natural Collection's Blusher in the shade Peach Melba.
 On my brows I used the usual Soap and Glory Archery Brow Pencil, and Benefit's Gimme Brow. I drew my brows on a LOT thinner and more 'natural' looking today, as bold brows probably would have looked weird with such a minimal makeup look.
On my eyes I used, the usual, MUA Essential Matte's Eyeshadow Palette, using the first shade in the top row all over the lid and to highlight the brow bone and then the last shade, top row, in the crease. As you can probably tell, recently this has been my go to palette for everyday use.
Then I used my fave Primark Lift and Curl mascara on my top lashes only, and Rimmel London's Scandal Eyes eyeliner in the shade                nude, just to brighten my eyes a little.


I hope some of you found this post useful, as, for me anyway, this is a very minimal, everyday kind of look. I literally took me 10 minutes too, if that, so it is great for when you're in a rush.

Just incase you want to know, I actually passed that interview and I am onto the next stage of the interview process, which I have no idea if its the last stage or not, but none the less, I am one step closer to hopefully getting a job. YAY :)

I will hopefully have a super exciting blog post coming on Thursday of me showing you how to achieve this purple 'ombre' eyeshadow look. And it will hopefully be a video of me doing it, if not it will be a step by step guide.

I also have a massive list of other blog posts I want to do soon too, so keep an eye out for plenty more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment