Friday 24 July 2015

TanTastic First Impressions...


I was lucky enough to be sent to me a box full of goodies from the brand called TanTastic. I have tried fake tanning before, recently and a couple of years ago and nothing has ever worked, ever! Fake tans generally do not agree with my skin, particularly my legs! But I still wanted to give it a go, because since coming back off holiday and loving how tanned I was, I want to stay tanned, whether it is real or out of a bottle, haha! 

 Here is what I was sent:

 I was send one of their Self Tanning Liquids, a Self Tanning Mousse, a Self Tanning Spray and an applicator mitt.

I was advised that the liquid and the spray were probably best for my pale skin.


So, I shaved my legs the day before I first used the tan. I opted to use the Spray Tan as it was a little less scary than the liquid, as you just spray it on to the area you want to tan, and then with the applicator mitt you buff it in in circular motions.
Before I used the tan, I exfoliated everywhere I was using the tan, as well as put a teeny tiny bit of moisturiser on my knees, elbows, around my ankles and around my wrists, just to stop it from going orange and cling to my dry areas, and ultimately look horrible.
It advices you to leave it at least 7 hours from when you apply the fake tan until you bathe.
Applying the tan was super easy, it only took around 15 minutes to apply 2 layers to my whole body! It does have instant colour, but I did notice that later on in the day the colour had developed further and it was a little on the orange side, and admittedly I was a little scared. I left it 24 hours until I bathed, and I was hoping this would even the tan and reduce the orangeness, and it most certainly did that!
In the following pictures the top one is before applying the tan (super pale, I know), the middle picture is after around 10 hours of having the tan on, and the bottom picture is after I had bathed, and you can see it took away the orange tint and it looks a lot more natural than the middle photo.



When you first apply the tan it has no horrible self tan smell but as the colour deepened the smell started to come, but it went away when I bathed, so it didn't bother me at all. It still wasn't as strong as other fake tans I have used.

Since these pictures I have used the darker mousse all over my body, and again, I love it! I am loving the tanned life again, haha!

I would highly recommend this tan, I love it! A tan that actually works for me YAY! I just wouldn't recommend applying this on the same day that you want to go out clubbing, or whatever, I would apply the day before and bathe on the day you're going out so you are left with a natural even looking tan.

The self tanning mousse retails at £18 and can be bought here http://www.tantastic.co.uk/productdetails/3541/tantastic-self-tanning-mousse-150ml-/
The self tanning liquid retails at £15 and can be bought here
The self tanning spray tan retails at £15 and can be bought here
The applicator mitt retails at £3.25 and can be bought here

They also do other products, such as travel sized bronzer, glitter spray and a gift pack, all products can be bought on their website

Again, thank you so much to TanTastic for sending me these amazing products, I am literally in love and I am obsessed with fake tanning now! I will only ever use these products now because they are the only ones that have ever worked for me! I have used more expensive and cheaper products, but this is amazing. Thank you :)

Hope you all liked this post, as this fake tan is literally amazing!
My next blog post will be about a makeup look I have done using MAC stone lipliner, so keep your eye out for that :)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment