Monday 13 July 2015

My top 5 affordable/drugstore lipsticks...

Okay, admittedly this is probably going to be one of my favourite blog posts as it is about lipstick, but I also have to admit that picking just 5 of my favourite drugstore lipsticks was a lot harder than I thought it would be! But, obviously, I managed in the end :)

First of all,
Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm
Shade: Shameless

swatch: no flash

swatch: with flash
This lipstick is AMAZING, you do not need to keep reapplying to get a good pigmentation of colour on the lips, it is already super pigmented! It also has a nice mint smell to it, which although is sort of irrelevant to how the lipstick performs, it is still a nice touch. I like applying this with and without a brush.
It is a matte lipstick too, but it does not dry the lips at all, unlike some matte lipsticks. It also lasts most of the day without urgent need for reapplying.
It is also super cheap consider the quality too, it retails at £7.99, but Boots currently have a 3 for 2 offer on Revlon too! 
http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-ColorBurst-Matte-Lip-Balm_1416281/

MUA cosmetics matte lipstick
Shade: peachy keen

swatch: no flash

swatch: with flash
This is MUA cosmetic's matte lipstick in the shade Peachy Keen. It is slight drying, being a matte lipstick, but with a tiny bit of vaseline on the lips underneath it is perfect!
It is the perfect spring/summer shade, and a perfect colour for in the day.
This lipstick doesn't last as long as some more expensive drugstore lipsticks, but I still only need to reapply once or twice throughout the day, it also needs a little layer to build up a nice pigmented colour on the lips, and given the price I don't even mind that!
MUA is definitely one of my all time favourite brands because they offer (mostly) amazing quality products at such a small price.
This lipstick retails at just £1!! Yes, that is not a typo, it really is just £1. It is definitely worth more than £1 and has always and will always been a firm favourite of mine, regardless of it's price.


Soap & Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker
Shade: Blush Pink

swatch: no flash

swatch: with flash
This is the only Soap & Glory lipstick I own, unfortunately :(. But I wear it A LOT!
It is a gorgeous matte pinky nude colour, that is very wearable day or night, and it lasts all day!
The packaging is also cute, but the smell of this lipstick is to die for! It has this gorgeous vanilla smell, which makes it so much nicer to wear because I could just sit and smell this lipstick all day, it seriously does smell so good, haha!
It is supposed to be one of their plumping lipsticks too, although I do not think it makes my lips appear bigger, but this doesn't bother me.
This lipstick is also super pigmented so no need to layer up the colour to get it too look nice.
This lipstick retails at£9, but again Boots have a 3 for 2 offer on Soap & Glory cosmetics at the moment too!



Makeup Revolution Atomic Lipstick
Shade: Make it Right

swatch: no flash

swatch: with flash
This is my all time favourite Makeup Revolution lipstick! I love the vast majority of their lipsticks, as I own almost all of them, but this stands out from them all! Not only because of its bright colour but mainly because of it's amazing pigmentation and longevity!
This is the most gorgeous purple shade with a very very slight shimmer to it! It is the perfect autumn/winter shade, but I still wear it in the summer too!
It lasts all day, you might only need to reapply once, if that! It doesn't dry out the lips either. This is probably my absolute favourite lipstick, if I had to only pick one! It is one of my most worn lipsticks, and I would wear it day and night, but it is probably more suited for use for a night out as it is such a bold colour.
This lipstick retails at £1, and yes, again, no type, it is just £1!!




L'oreal Colour Riche Lipstick
Shade: JLo's red

swatch: no flash

swatch: with flash
Last, but at no means least, is L'oreal's Colour Riche lipstick in the shade JLo's red.
OMG this the most gorgeous red lipstick! And what is a lipstick favourites post without a red?!
This lipstick too is amazingly pigmented, and does last all day!
When I wear this lipstick I always feel more confident, because it's such a gorgeous red, and it looks flawless on the lips, no streaks, just a gorgeous pigmented red!
And the packaging is also beautiful, yes we don't actually need amazing packaging, we only use the lipstick after all, but it sure does look nice on my desk! I actually prefer this packaging to MAC!
I absolutely love L'oreal makeup as a whole because all of it's makeup they offer are of outstanding quality!
This lipstick retails at £6.99, which for this quality and pigmentation and, basically, perfection is just amazing! Superdrug also have a buy one get one half price offer too.

I hope you liked this post, these are truly my 5 favourite affordable lipsticks!
Next in my top 5 series I will be doing a post on my top 5 foundations, featuring L'oreal and Maxfactor, so look out for that!

Remember to vote in the poll guys! If you are viewing on a mobile device you will need to view the desktop/web version to see it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment