Saturday 11 July 2015

Why am I throwing these make-up products away???

Today’s blog post is about products I am about to throw away, and why I am throwing them away.

I have to really dislike a product to throw it away as usually I would make use of every make-up product I have, even if I disliked it. But clearly these products were just too bad to use, ever!

First up is this MUA blue mascara:

I bought this to use on my lower lashes as I presumed it wouldn’t be good enough for my upper lashes, and I thought it would look nice to use a blue mascara on my lower lashes with some eye looks.
I have used this a couple of times and 1) it is so NOT pigmented; you can hardly see the blue even layering and layering it! And, 2), it is a really really bad mascara, doesn’t lengthen, define, separate, volumise or curl the lashes!
This retailed at £1 when I bought it in one of MUAs sales, so I am so glad I didn’t spend much more than that as it is definitely a disappointing product.

Next up is MUAs lip primer:

Although it probably seems like I am hating on MUA, I actually generally do quite like the brand, it just has a few disappointing products.
But this claims to leave your lips soft and smooth for a flawless lipstick application that lasts longer. WRONG. It is basically Vaseline but not as good. It does not give a flawless base and it actually makes your lipstick last a shorter amount of time than when you do not use it! So it basically does the opposite to what it claims.
This retailed again at around £1 in their sale.

Next is  natural collection’s white eyeliner:

I have used this quite a bit, but I really do not like it so I decided it was time to go.
I bought this to use in my water line to brighten my eyes a bit, but this is sooooooo not pigmented enough for that, nor does it last long enough. It virtually comes off as soon as you blink. It is okay for use as an eyeliner on the lid, but I would never ever use white eyeliner on my eyelid so I have no purpose for this anymore.
This retails at 99p at boots stores.

Next is the pound shops own make-up brand’s concealer stick.

This is one of the most drying, dull and colourless concealer sticks I have ever used. I find most concealer sticks are slightly drying, given the formulation, but this is on another level! Its not nice to apply to the skin and it doesn’t even cover any blemishes, redness or problem areas because it just isn’t pigmented enough.
This retails at £1 (obviously) at the Pound Shop.

Finally is Primark’s own brand PS Love’s liquid lipstick.

I actually bought 4 of these, but my mum is determined to make two of them work out for her so she has them, but these two have to go!
When I saw the words ‘liquid lipstick’ I got super excited and I have to try them. Upon trying them I hated them almost straight away, they have a weird brush applicator that is not nice, and the formulation is so thick and sticky, almost like a super cheap lip gloss, and yes they were pigmented, but they were so sticky they were uncomfortable and they did not last long AT ALL, because they were so sticky and horrible! The colours are okay, but the formula is horrible and they are definitely the worst lip products I have ever, ever tried.

I really did not like any of these products, hence why I don’t have much nice to say. But these products might work for some of you, but they did not work for me and I wanted to share with you my opinions. As like I said at the start, it takes a lot for me to throw make-up away, as usually I would use anything no matter how much I dislike it.

Link for products coming soon, just in case you want them.
Remember to vote in the poll for what YOU want my next post to be.

And I hope you liked this post

No comments:

Post a Comment